Q: The truck cannot be started, u1000 code

After going for a gas refill, I started the truck but it turned off. I tried to restart it, but it couldn't be restarted. The truck was shuddering. I had to push it home. I scanned it and got the U1000 code. Do you have any idea what is wrong with my truck? Thanks.

A: The code is for lost communication with the...

The code is for lost communication with the ECM’s data lines. Try to loosen and retighten the ECM connector ground and the battery negative cable ground to the body. Clean and check both these connections and clear codes and see if it starts. If you need assistance with this, get some help from a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting problem and make the necessary repairs to get your car going again.