Q: Engine won't start.

Ford Fiesta 2011 won't start - the lights and everything come on but the power steering doesn't work and the car just won't start, tried to push start it but still doesn't start. Any ideas on what that might be?

• when we turn the key it still makes noises *

It just got a new starter motor like 6-8 months ago!

Hello, thank you for writing in. No-start situations can be frustrating. The first place to start is to determine if that replacement starter is working. Its not terribly uncommon for a replacement part to fail prematurely. If it was refurbished, the likelihood is even higher. The good news is it may still be under warranty if that is the case. Are the noises you hear coming from the engine turning over, or are these different sounds than the normal start up? If the noises are different, then you should suspect the starter. If the engine sounds like it normally does when it starts, then the engine is struggling to receive one of the components it needs to run (fuel, air, spark), and further testing needs to be done.