Q: Need to know the real miliage on this car I just brought

I just. Thought this car from a dearlership , the salesman said there were 28,000 plus on the car that he sold me , when I got the Auto check report that they used it said the last read was in 2014 at 32,164. They are telling me someone wrote it wrong

Hello. Each time the car changed hands (was resold) after 2012, any title that was issued would have had the "then" current odometer reading documented. If you search these records (in Ohio, for example, such a search is free online and I just checked a sample. The odometer readings are published online) you can try to establish a timeline and clear up the mystery. 28,000 miles implies about 7,000 miles driven per year so depending on who were the previous owner(s), this could be plausible. 12,000 miles per year is usually considered the normal amount of usage, so it’s possible that the owner just did not drive the car heavily or there could have been some tampering with. Check the car in person or have an independent mechanic inspect the car to determine whether the wear on the car seems to match the mileage.

3. Need to know the real miliage on this car I just brought