Q: Engine cutting off

My engine will cut off every now and then when driving around speeds of 55 and sometimes when accelerating to that speed. Almost like not enough gas is getting to the engine. What could be the issue?

This is a sign of a failing or dirty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often times results in the engine starving for air or fuel. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. This can also cause the engine to struggle to idle for the same reason. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and replace this sensor.

3. Engine cutting off