Q: Car want pick up speed

asked by on June 14, 2016

Hello . When Im driving it hesitates to pick up speed. It want pick up speed until after it switch gears 2 times. I have changed the front and back sensors on the transmission, oil change, cleaning out the mass airflow sensor and adding transmission fluid. What could the problem be?

You are thinking in the right areas for this issue.

Even after cleaning the MAF sensor, it still may require replacement. The catalytic converter may be clogged. The transmission could be slipping.

If the RPMs go up and the car is not accelerating, the transmission is a likely cause (maybe a fluid flush would help). If the RPMs will not go up past about 3k RPM, your catalytic converter may be clogged or the MAF sensor is not reading right.

A diagnostic should be performed on the vehicle to correctly determine the cause before replacing more parts. I’d recommend getting some help from a professional mechanic who will be able to diagnose the cars hesitation while accelerating and make the necessary repairs to get your car running normally again.