Q: The back of the car bounces up and down like springs are broken off

asked by on February 05, 2017

The rear of car bounces up and down springs are broken

Hello, thank you for writing in. The suspension components are intertwined with the vehicle’s wheel assemblies and the steering components. Start with the simplest tests and work your way to the more complex possibilities. Start by performing a bounce test. At each fender above the wheel, you are going to push down until the car bounces up and down. The goal is to count how many times it bonces after you let go. If it is more that twice, the springs or struts need to be replaced. You can also do a physical inspection of all of the suspension components to make sure nothing is obviously damaged or worn. Take corrective action from there. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.