Q: The car was running fine a week ago. The check engine light kept coming on when the throttle was above 2000 rpm's.

asked by on November 18, 2016

THE ENGINE LIGHT ON MY KIA SEDONA 2.9CRDI (2003) KEPT COMING ON WHEN THE REVS REACHED 2000, ONCE THE GEARS HAD CHANGED AND THE REVS DROPPED THE LIGHT WHENT OUT. THE ONLY CODE COMING UP ON A DIAGNOSTIC WAS 1115 ECT. I CHANGED THE SENSOR ON THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING, SINCE THEN I WAS DRIVING FOR ABOUT 10 MILES AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND STAYED ON. THE ENGINE CUT OUT AND NOW WONT START AGAIN...ANY IDEAS AS ITS DRIVING ME NUTS ??

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. Check the engine light for any other codes that would appear. This will direct you in the direction that is having a fault. If your engine is having an issue with the rpm’s and also stalling out, then check the idle air control valve (IAC). This valve has a great deal with the stalling issue and if the computer thinks that the sensor is not working, then the engine light will come on after a certain rpm’s. If you need further assistance with the engine stalling and engine light coming on at 2000 rpm’s and then going off under 2000 rpm’s, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.