Q: steering wheel very stiff even after fluid was added

Two months ago, the steering wheel started feeling stiff. Thinking it might need some power steering fluid, I checked and it was a bit low on fluid. I thought adding some would take care of the stiffness. But a few weeks later it started being stiff to turn again. As I was pulling into a parking lot, making a slow turn, I almost grazed the side of another car. I was having to use a lot of force to move the steering wheel. I realized how serious this could be, so I plan on getting it fixed. Before doing so, I would like your advice as to what would be causing this?

Hello. There could be a problem with the power steering pump leaking, one of the power steering hoses leaking, or the rack and pinion leaking. Those would be the 3 major culprits that could be causing issues. Have the entire system looked at by an expert technician. If you want to have this taken care of, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your power steering system for leaks and make the appropriate repairs and adjustments to have this resolved.