Q: overheated manifold

asked by on November 02, 2016

what the reasons for overheated manifold and what is the solution

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote
Catalytic Converter Replacement $279.51 - $3103.51 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This seems unusual for a vehicle with 22,000 miles, assuming, the engine is not overheating. Assuming, the Check Engine Light is not on, leads me to believe the vehicle computer (ECM-engine control module) is not recognizing the fault. Assuming, it’s the exhaust manifold and not the intake manifold. It could be, an incorrect fuel mixture caused by a faulty fuel pressure regulator excess raw fuel burning in the manifold. It could be, a partially restricted exhaust, ie: catalytic converter not allowing hot exhaust gases to exit the exhaust. Proper diagnoses should be performed, as there are several other possibilities. I recommend having your vehicle’s overheated manifold be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.