Q: Rear liftgate wont close

asked by on October 02, 2016

Hi....I opened the rear liftgate on my windstar and now it won't close. After inspecting it...it appears that on the inner part of each side, there is a small white plastic latch. These latches appear to be stuck closed. How do I get them to open? I tried a screwdriver but they seem to be pretty jammed.

Trunk Latch Adjustment $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I would recommend trying to use the unlock switch on your keyfob or door panel. If this does not work, I would recommend inserting your key into the liftgate and turn it to the unlock position. If this does not work, it is possible that the latch on the liftgate will require replacement. If this is the case, I would recommend having it inspected by a qualifed mechanic before replacing it to verify that the latch is indeed broken.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr