Q: there was a required warning light on for a month and the check engine light has also come on. please what do think the problem i

The maintenance required light was on for one month and check engine light has also come on. Please what do you think is the problem and what's your advice? The warning light is on too.

Hello. The maintenance light typically will not have any effect on the check engine light unless you put off something like an oil change for to long. If you need service that should be done soon. As for the check engine light that can be as simple as a loose gas cap or something more serious. I typically start by scanning the computer for codes to see what the computer is saying. That will give a starting point. If you are looking to have these issues taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to service your car and diagnose your check engine light.

• there was a required warning light on for a month and the check engine light has also come on. please what do think the problem i