Q: Jerking reaction when accelerating

When i first got the car it was okay after two weeks having the car it started having problems which when i came to a stop and get ready to going it make a hard jerking sound then the car would not go i had to turn the car off and restart the car when i did that it jerk hard and take off fast now my car want drive at all it will start but it wont go in gear what could be the problem

This may be a sign of a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.

3. Q: Jerking reaction when accelerating