Q: Q: Car does not start.

The car was saying Electrical Charging System. The car died and I tried to jump it off. Now, the car does not start at all. The battery is still good. Someone said it could be the alternator. I also need to replace my brake pads as they have started to squeak.

If the engine dies while driving and it is associated with an electrical service light, the issue is almost certainly the alternator. I would recommend having your starting system inspected for faults by a technician from YourMechanic. If the alternator is not producing enough current to charge the battery, your vehicle will continue to die or never start again. The technician will be able to replace the alternator for you and have the vehicle starting again. As for the brakes, the technician will also be able to inspect your brakes and inform you of any issues you are having or may have in the future. Be sure the inspection is done thoroughly as bad brakes are a safety concern.

3. Q: Car does not start.