Q: Sunroof will not retract

The sunroof is leaking and will not retract. I does go up and down.

A leaking sunroof is generally causes by a clogged sunroof drain. Believe it or not, sunroofs are not watertight. They have channels that drain the water that comes in down tubes throughout the car. When these tubes clog up with debris, the water backs up and leaks into the car. The issue with the sunroof not retracting could be a problem with the switch, but I’d be willing to bet that there is a problem with the motor that operates the sunroof. It’s a separate operation to raise and lower the sunroof, versus the forward and retracting motion. I recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose and repair the problem with your sunroof.

3. Sunroof will not retract