Q: Air conditioner cuts out when accelerating or under pressure going up hill.

I noticed today that whenever traveling and accelerating like going uphill for an extra length that my a/c will quit blowing and as soon as I level off or the need to accelerate levels off it will resume blowing.

Hello. Typically this occurs due to a bad vacuum check valve under the hood. During hard acceleration the AC door system loses vacuum, causing the doors to default to the windshield. This check valve keeps this from occurring. It is located under the passenger side of the hood. If you want to have it replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your AC system and make the necessary repairs.

3. Air conditioner cuts out when accelerating or under pressure going up hill.