Q: buzz in dash at 70 mph

In the last few weeks, my truck started making a buzzing sound in the dashboard at about 70 mph. Once you get up to 75 or 80 mph, it stops. It sounds like an electrical buzz from a relay, only much faster. What might cause that to happen?

Hi there. This is very common on this vehicle. It is usually one of the electric motors in the dashboard that move the gauges. It is more than likely the speedometer motor as it seems to be related to vehicle speed. The instrument panel will need to either be replaced or rebuilt. There can also be a bad ground connection under the dash causing electrical interference, but the noise would seem to come from the speakers then. If you are going to get this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your speedometer issue and let you know what needs repair.

3. buzz in dash at 70 mph