Q: Alternator went out; battery won't stay charged

My alternator went out, and my battery won't stay charged.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1193.90 Get a Quote

I would first start with having your battery/starting system checked by a certified technician. If the alternator turns out to be faulty, replacement will be required in order to get your vehicle in reliable running condition again. The technician that inspects your vehicle will be able to replace the alternator as well. It is also a good idea to ensure that the technician checks the battery and alternator for poor grounds, bad/loose connections, and corrosion. If any of these are found in the system, they can prevent the battery from charging up. The starting system test will have false results if any of these are found as well. Ensure the technician checks for those first.