why is battery and brake light on? charging system maxima...

Q: why is battery and brake light on?

asked by on July 11, 2017

Why is my battery and brake light on?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The battery light and brake light often illuminate together when your alternator has failed. You can verify this easily by scanning for diagnostic codes. These are codes that pertain to the warning lights, and tell you why they have illuminated. Scanning for codes can be done by a technician or at most automotive parts stores. From there, you can take corrective action. For more help with testing or repairing the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.