Q: Cyl 4 misfire 07 dakota 3.7l v6, did plugs, coil, injector, inspected lifters no kicked rocker arms, wondering best route of next

asked by on February 04, 2017

Know i have small leak in transmission line could this be related somehow? Happened after truck sat in -12c for 3 days. Water and bit of white smoke comes from exhaust. Flashing cel 0304, erase code and it returns in seconds of restart. Live on farm where mice rats are around? At a loss of next course of action

I can think of a couple of things that could potentially be causing this issue. If you have an intake manifold gasket leak near the number four cylinder, this can cause the cylinder to misfire. If the number four cylinder’s piston rings have failed, this may also cause a misifre due to lack of compression. Finally, you may have oil burning in your number four cylinder due to faulty piston rings or faulty valve guide seals. I would recommend having all of these items inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue.