What does it mean when the service power steering check l...

Q: What does it mean when the service power steering check light comes on your 2013 Chevy Equinox?

asked by on May 12, 2017

My Chevy Equinox would not turn on this morning when I was starting it all lights radio came on it just wouldn't start the check like for service power steering is on

Hi There, Depending on which model Equinox you have (2.4L or 3.0L), your car may have electric power steering (2.4L) or hydraulic power steering (3.0L). In either case, when this light comes on, the vehicle’s computer is alerting you to the fact that the power steering system may need to be serviced or may have a problem. In the electric power steering models this was a known issue and there are often times warranty and recall issues associated with this. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.