Q: No crank and no start

No crank no start I have a 2000 pontiac grand am gt v6 that has a no crank no start problem i have a new battery this month, starter today , alternator 3 months, and ignition switch today i try to see if security system was on it not and i did the process to try to see if would work and nothing i have lights on the gauges and it doesnt have a starter fuse on this model

Hi and thanks for your question. Remove a spark plug wire from one of the spark plugs, and put a screwdriver in the wire and put it to ground. Now, try starting the vehicle. If there is no spark, then there is no power to the ignition coil. If there is power and you see a spark, then there is power to the coil pack and the injectors are not working.

Check the fuse box for any blown fuses, and also check to see if the circuit relay to the starter clicks as you attempt to start the vehicle. If the relay does not click, then replace the relay with another relay to see if the relay was bad. If the relay clicks and the vehicle’s engine starts, then the relay has a short. If the relay does not click, then check the power to the relay. If there is no power to the relay, then check the main fuse for power.

If there is power to the main fuses, then the fuse box needs replaced. If there is no power to the main fuses, then check the battery cable conditions for any corrosion or looseness. If you need any assistance in troubleshooting your vehicle, seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you determine why your car is not starting.