Q: Shift knob gets stuck in gears

My shift knob it seems to get stuck in gears when I put it in drive and go to put it back in park it stays in drive I have to give it a little push to get it back in park or slowly Shift through the gears

The shifter knob shift mechanism may be loosing contact and needs to be replaced. The switch will need to be tested and monitored using the Mercedes scanner. If the switch gives erratic readings when scanned and while the switch is operated, then the switch should be replaced. If you need to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue and come up with the right repair.