Q: My car knocks - 2006 Toyota Yaris

I cleaned its throttle body and replaced air cleaner,changed its spark plug. and using high octane fuel and also cleaned its main air sensor next to air cleaner....but there is heavy knocking...its 2szfe...1.3cc engine

A: Hello. In newer vehicles with electronic fu...

Hello. In newer vehicles with electronic fuel injection and ignition systems, engine knocking due to bad fuel or spark is extremely rare. In most cases, if the knocking sound is consistent and increases in speed as the RPM increases, it’s caused by lower levels of oil or oil lubrication issues. To see if this is the case, check your oil level or have the oil changed and see if this clears up the problem. If not, you may need the assistance of a professional mechanic to inspect and diagnose the engine noise.