Q: Car runs better if I unplug fuel injector 8 but makes a ticking noise and runs sluggish if it's connected 2006 Ford Mustang

If I unplug fuel injector 8 and run the car it runs better. If I plug it up. The car makes a ticking noise and runs sluggish. I've changed fuel filter. Cleaned maf Cleaned throttle body Changed a spark plug. If I accelerate there is a popping noise. I have to acell easy to avoid the noise.

Hello - your symptoms suggest a failing injector . It appears to be leaking when it’s plugged in, as well as noisy. Check for problem codes relating to a rich mixture,, although it’s possible that the oxygen sensors for that bank of cylinders is leaning out the other 3 on that side. This would create rough running for sure. That would explain the popping (probably backfiring or misfiring at least on the lean cylinders). I recommend a misfiring inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car runs better if I unplug fuel injector 8 but makes a ticking noise and runs sluggish if it's connected 2006 Ford Mustang