Q: my engine cradle needs to be replaced. How critical is it that I get it fixed and how soon does it need to be done?

I hit a hole or some debris in a bad snow storm causing my car to shimmy and shake. My insurance adjuster said that the engine cradle is broken and needs to be replaced.

If there is damage to the cradle, or damage to the car, such that the vehicle is actually shaking the car is not safe to use. In addition, driving the vehicle in that condition can cause collateral damage to other drivetrain components such as the CV axles if the axles are mispositioned due to the engine and transaxle being out of position. The bottom line is damage like that has to be properly and promptly repaired in order to avoid additional and new problems of various types. If you desire that YourMechanic inspect the vehicle and estimate the repair and then perform the required repairs, please request a suspension/engine support inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. my engine cradle needs to be replaced. How critical is it that I get it fixed and how soon does it need to be done?