Q: Newly installed battery goes dead next day

asked by on September 15, 2016

Last week, I went to my car, got in, started it and the battery was dead. So I went to have it and the alternator checked and a new battery was installed yesterday. Then today, my car went totally dead again. I had not left any lights on, so there was nothing to drain it, unless it’s something I can’t see. Do you think it is an electrical problem or something else?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1989 Dodge Ramcharger. There is the possibility of an electrical component malfunctioning and causing a parasitic drain while the vehicle is off, but a technician must perform the right tests to uncover this kind of bug. A mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your dead battery and check the electrical components for failure.