Q: Newly installed battery goes dead next day

Last week, I went to my car, got in, started it and the battery was dead. So I went to have it and the alternator checked and a new battery was installed yesterday. Then today, my car went totally dead again. I had not left any lights on, so there was nothing to drain it, unless it’s something I can’t see. Do you think it is an electrical problem or something else?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1989 Dodge Ramcharger. There is the possibility of an electrical component malfunctioning and causing a parasitic drain while the vehicle is off, but a technician must perform the right tests to uncover this kind of bug. A mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your dead battery and check the electrical components for failure.