Q: My VDC light came on while driving

I was driving on a clear interesting when my VCD light came on and the car started to slow down and jerk rather hard especially when I tried to accelerate. I made it home and cut the car off. When I turned it back on, the VDC light turned off and test drove it & the car ran normally then even when I accelerated to 70,mph. I'm nervous that this will occur again. Why did this happen? Especially seeing that there was no snow, water, nor debris on the road to alert the VDC to come on. Is it broken??

A: Your Sentra is equipped with a stability an...

Your Sentra is equipped with a stability and traction control system called the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC). The VDC system is designed to provide better traction during slippery driving by reducing engine output. This reduces wheel spin and can help get out of tight situations. It is on by default, and you can turn it off by using the VDC off switch.To turn the VDC system back on, just press the off button again. It will also come back on automatically when you turn the engine off and then crank it once more (it will come back on even if you stopped the engine with it off).