Q: Replaced dead battery and now nothing but dash lites

asked by on August 26, 2017

Replaced battery and car won't do anything. Did this 8 yrs ago whe I replaced battery but took 3 days for computer to learn. There must be a way to have the computer to learn faster.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Charles. Typically the ECU doesn’t take three days or any extended period of time to reset after replacing a battery. It is quite possible that an error code is stuck in the ECU causing the dash issues. To remove the code, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr