Q: P0320 code - 1999 Ford Ranger

Had the truck and engine bay cleaned and detailed. Drove 30 seconds and the truck died with the check engine light on. Started back up and died again when I put in gear. Towed home and cleared the code and it ran fine. Then the code came back and the truck died.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. What might have happened is that water from cleaning the engine may have gotten inside the engine. Check all of the intake hoses and be sure that the clamps are tight. Remove the air filter and check to see if it is wet. If the air filter is wet, either blow it out with air, or heat it up to evaporate the water.

I recommend replacing the filter unless it is a KNN filter. Check the distributor for any moisture under the cap. If there is, clean out the moisture and let it dry. A wet distributor will throw a code P0320. When all done, clear the code and restart the engine.

If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the Check Engine code and move forward with proper adjustments.

3. P0320 code - 1999 Ford Ranger