Q: What is an estimated cost to replace the rear main seal?

What is the estimated cost for replacing the rear main seal in the motor?

Hi there. The rear crankshaft seal is placed along with the transmission; therefore, the process of replacing it requires the removal of transmission, as well as the clutch and flywheel assembly. This is a very involved job that should be completed at a professional automotive shop; which is why our mobile mechanics are not able to complete this task. As such, we’re not able to provide you with a quote for this service. Good luck and thanks for contacting YourMechanic.com.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr