Q: Q: My check engine light is on

My check engine light is on and my radiator fan is speeding up and not slowing down

Hi, thanks for writing in. If you have a check engine light on for a problem, then the computer may respond by increasing the cooling fan speeds if it see problems with the cooling system sensors. I suggest having the computer ECM scanned and see what codes come up from there.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to scan codes from the ECM for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Q: My check engine light is on