Q: How to start the car again?

I changed the battery to a brand new one and my car still will not start. It sounds like it wants to but doesn't fully start. I've tried it in both park and neutral. Any ideas?

A: When you try to start the vehicle, a small ...

When you try to start the vehicle, a small amount of fuel is injected into the cylinders to promote fast starting. Sometimes what happens is that with multiple attempts at starting, the vehicle essentially floods itself to the point that it will not start. Try to hold the gas pedal all the way down to the floor before and during starting the vehicle for a few seconds at a time.

Extended cranking may overheat the starter and cause premature failure so crank it for no more than 10 seconds at a time with 20 -30 seconds rest before the next start attempt. Make sure the battery is fully charged during this test to give it the best chance of starting.

If you are still having trouble, a certified technician, like one from, will be able to determine the cause of your starting issue.