I filled up the windshield washer fluid to the fill line ...

Q: I filled up the windshield washer fluid to the fill line and it's not coming out now; how do I get it to flow through?

asked by on May 31, 2017

I noticed that the windshield wiper fluid was low, so I added some up to the fill line, and now the fluid won't come out. I don't know what else to check.

Hi there. There are three individual components that comprise the windshield washer system that can be broken or damaged to cause the issue you’re having on your 2001 Toyota. The first and most common is that the windshield wiper spray nozzles are clogged or broken that spray fluid onto the windshield. The second may be the hoses attached from the fluid tank to the wiper sprayer nozzles may be detached or damaged and finally, it’s possible that the wiper pump is damaged and needs to be replaced. To know for certain, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete a windshield wiper fluid is not working inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of the problem and recommend the right repair.