Q: Check engine light is on. I dont know what to do about it.

The check engine light just came on and I dont know what to do about it. I've been getting yourmechanic help quite a few times and I've been following the advice about what to do, but now I dont know.

In order to have your check engine light is on checked you should have YourMechanic or another mechanic do a check engine light inspection. This inspection will scan the computer and retrieve any stored codes in memory. The codes received will then be tested by using the manufacturer recommended pinpoint test for the code. After the diagnostic check and pinpoint test a quote for the needed repairs can then be given to repair the cause of the light.