Q: Engine coolant temperature problem

asked by on September 26, 2016

There is a problem with the engine coolant temperature in my van. I already replaced the gaskets and the thermometer. I also repaired a hole in the line. The coolant temperature gauge is still close to the top line. Also, the dashboard warning lights often would come on flashing. What should I do?

You may have a persistent overheating issue due to a clogged radiator, blown head gasket, worn out water pump, etc. This should be checked out by a professional mechanic immediately to avoid being stranded or causing further damage. A professional, like one from YourMechanic, can determine the source of the problem and make needed repairs.