Q: Plug from camshaft position sensor corroded.

The plug on the end of the camshaft position sensor broke and the receiver plug looks like it is corroded. While I was able to manually insert the three wires, the car barely runs and dies. I can get the car up to 25 MPH before the car begins bucking terribly. What can I do to replace the plug without replacing the camshaft position sensor, which I think is still good?

A: Even though you can get the car to start an...

Even though you can get the car to start and run by sticking the wires into the connector, it will not keep out moisture and it could corrode even more. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect the sensor and vehicle harness connector to see if it needs to be replaced. The vehicle side harness connector may no longer be available and an alternate repair method may have to be done to repair the harness. I recommend contacting a mechanic and having them do a more permanent repair.