Q: I have a 1998 chevy k1500 and the drivers side door will not open. The latch is jammed up. How can I open the door

The door handles work and the lock mechanism works. The door latch itself is jammed closed and the door will not open

Door will not open Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The door will need to be opened from the inside to minimize the amount of damages done. This can be tricky, but can be done. You will need to carefully remove the door panel. There will only be a small amount of room to work with between the door and the seat, but the clips to maneuver around are very small. With the panel removed, you can access the linkage to the latch and handle. You may need to physically unlock the door from the inside of frame, but there will be an access hole for that. All of the door controls can be manually worked from there. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.