Q: Some times i turn the key and it starts up like normal but then shuts off after 1 second

Car starts and runs awesome even at idle. Some times I turn the key and it starts up like normal but then shuts off after 1 second of running. I turn the key and then it does it again or it will run like normal. sometimes up to 10 times before I can get it to stay running. No check engine light on or I could tell what it is with my VAG com. Once it makes it past the 1 sec run time and doesn't shut off, it will run all day like it is brand new even at idle. So far I have changed fuel filter with no help

A: You will need to check the purge control va...

You will need to check the purge control valve on the firewall near brake master cylinder. The purge valve may be letting too much vapor into the intake causing the stall or hard start.

There also may be an issue with shorted ignition coils in the spark plug holes. The plug boots may need to be replaced.

If you’d like some assistance with these checks, consider YourMechanic as one of our mobile experts can come to you and diagnose your starting issue firsthand. Best of luck.