Q: Whining noise when the engine is at idle.

asked by on December 25, 2016

Hi Chris,

I am looking to buy 2012 Porsche Cayenne. It has some whining noise in the engine when its idle. Its kind of annoying. Please advice me if I can buy the car?

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The whining noise that you are hearing is the gears and timing chain in the engine. This is a normal condition and all of the Porsche engines have the same sound. If your engine has an inner cooler, then the noise will be intensified. If you need further assistance with your engine noises, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.