Q: Low oil pressure light on

It has had a complete timing chain kit . Now I am getting low oil pressure

A: Hi there. Sometimes when a mechanic removes...

Hi there. Sometimes when a mechanic removes the OEM timing chain and installs a new kit, mistakes can be made on reattaching electrical or ground wires to internal components, such as the oil pump. Other causes that might trigger the oil pressure light could be that the oil pump is obstructed with debris or the filter is blocked by some debris as well. When the low pressure light is illuminated, an OBD-II error code will be stored in the ECU that should alert the mechanic as to what's causing the problem. I'd contact a professional mechanic to complete a low oil pressure inspection before you start to remove parts. This way the source of your engine's problems could be determined and hopefully easily fixed.