Q: 2007 galant es blower motor resistor or transistor

I have the knobs for ac and heat.looks manual but I took out resistor but it looks like a transistor

Your vehicle is equipped with a blower motor resistor block. It is a modular, replaceable assembly and the part is different for Galants with and without A/C systems. If your blower motor is not functioning, failure of the resistor block is a possible cause but you should test the block, and possibly other components, to be sure that you don’t needlessly replace the resistor block and, indeed overlook the real cause of the failure. If power is reaching the blower motor when the blower switch is in the on position and the blower motor is not functioning as intended then the blower motor is condemned and replaced. On the other hand, if there is no power, then the blower switch and the plug connection on the back of the switch, as well as the rest of the circuit should be inspected. When the circuit includes a blower motor resistor block, of course the resistor block has to be checked for continuity (i.e., specified resistance in ohms) at each position. If equipped with a relay in the circuit, that is easy to test and if the relay works consistently as commanded, you can assume there is no fault there. If you want these diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a non functioning cabin heater diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.