Q: If a CV axle gets pulled out of transmission while driving 35 mph will this damage the transmission?

asked by on November 05, 2016

Recently replaced passenger CV Axle. Had used a bungy cord to hold up caliper well forgot to remove and was driving 35mph and axle pulled out of transmission. Would that have damaged the transmission any?

Grinding sound from transmission Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

In short - yes. If the CV axle was removed from the transmission while driving, it is more likely than not that internal components were damaged. However, the only way to know for certain is to contact a professional mechanic who can inspect your Pontiac’s transmission and gears for additional damage.