Q: If a CV axle gets pulled out of transmission while driving 35 mph will this damage the transmission?

Recently replaced passenger CV Axle. Had used a bungy cord to hold up caliper well forgot to remove and was driving 35mph and axle pulled out of transmission. Would that have damaged the transmission any?

Hi there:

In short - yes. If the CV axle was removed from the transmission while driving, it is more likely than not that internal components were damaged. However, the only way to know for certain is to contact a professional mechanic who can inspect your Pontiac’s transmission and gears for additional damage.

• If a CV axle gets pulled out of transmission while driving 35 mph will this damage the transmission?