Q: Won't start

asked by on June 25, 2016

Hi I drive a 1999 Chevy suburban and recently I was driving down the street and my truck turned off and the steering wheel locked! I go to start it and the odometer lights etc.. Didn't go on but the stereo and the rest of the lights did go on I checked the fuses and the battery and the alternator and they are all good! I was told it could be the (ignition switch) wich is the wiring harness but idk if it is that but If you could please help me Diagnose my problem I would greatfully appreciate it

Ignition Switch Replacement $160.91 - $807.33 Get a Quote

I would agree. The ignition switch is sounding like the main suspect on your Suburban. That’s the only thing that could lock your steering and then cause instrument cluster to not turn on. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the starting problem and replace your ignition switch if necessary.