Q: My car jerks when I drive - what is wrong with my car?

my car is jerking when driving and when idle. There are no check engine lights on.

Hi there:

It really depends on the type of jerking that’s occurring with your Chevrolet. If the engine’s RPM is surging while the vehicle is in gear, the issues could be caused by a mass air flow sensor, O2 sensor or the throttle body that is causing the engine to run rough. The best way to pinpoint the exact reason your Chevrolet is jerking is to have one of our local mechanics complete an engine is running rough inspection.