Q: Car stalling every few days and needs jump. Brand new battery and EGR valve.

asked by on December 17, 2015

Power windows and doors keep flicking on and off at a certain speed. Car stalls every few days and has to be jumped off. It has a brand new battery and EGR valve.

Hello, being that the power door locks are controlled by the body control module, a scanner needs to be connected to see if there are any codes present. Also, with a scanner connected, there might be inputs that can be monitored to see if they area activate the door locks. The door locks being constantly operated can cause the battery to be drained leading to the car needing to be jump started. By the way you describe the stalling problem, with the vehicle needing to be jumped, it sounds like you have a charging system concern. Its unclear why the EGR valve was replaced and could be a repair for a separate concern. You may need to enlist the aid of a mechanic to inspect why your car is stalling.