Q: I accidentally double turned the key while trying to start up my car now it makes a grinding noise 2002 Ford Taurus

It just happen today is this permanent

Hello. Most of the time when this occurs it is because the second start caused damage to the starter. If the grind only happened once and did not occur again then it is fine. If the noise is constant now then the starter was damaged and will need to be replaced. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your starter] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/starter-replacement

3. I accidentally double turned the key while trying to start up my car now it makes a grinding noise 2002 Ford Taurus