Q: Engine light is on was given a code P0456 in my 2013 Ford Focus

asked by on May 05, 2017

With code that was given to me, it this something you can fix?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This codes that you are getting is for a small leak in the vehicles evaporative emissions system. Most of the time it is caused by something as simple as a gas cap that was left loose or it can be a bad hose or solenoid in the system. I usually check the gas cap and make sure that it is tight and that the seal on it is good. If that is fine then a smoke test is done to try and find if there are any leaks in the system. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why this code is coming up] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection