Q: My BMW won't start after sitting in a puddle

asked by on October 22, 2017

Last night I was driving in the road after it had rained. A small puddle it seemed like turned into really deep, and I freaked out and stopped the car completely. (The car never stalled or died on its own I turned it off myself). I let the car sit there because it wouldn't start back up and when the water levels went down it still wouldn't start. My battery is now dead and that's the warning it is giving me. Help what's wrong with it??

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The water must of been high enough to short out electrical system. You will need to get car out of water and let it dry out with battery disconnected. Have battery recharged and then after a day of drying out and recharging reconnect battery and see if problem is okay now. If not then recommend contacting insurance company and a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and check to see if they can get you going.