Q: 1976 fuel injected cadillac seville :initial start hesitates,cuts off than starts back up and runs fine after that.

asked by on May 08, 2017

`1976 fuel injected cadillac seville,initial start hesitates then eventually starts and runs about 10 seconds,starts back up and runs and starts fine after that

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the fuel injectors have never been serviced, that would be a good start on a car of this age. To do it right the injectors have to be removed from the fuel rail and sent out for cleaning to a lab such as Mr. Injector. The injectors have miniature internal replaceable filter baskets and that is why they can’t be cleaned on the car. There is probably a cold start enrichment device (perhaps a separate injector) on this vehicle. I would evaluate that system/component as it may account for the hard start if the symptom is occurring when cold. The ignition system (secondary firing patterns) should be evaluated on a scope to determine if any maintenance is required such as new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Apart from these simple measures you can request a stalling diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic would use your vehicle’s specific Factory Service Manual to run some more specific tests on the fuel, ignition, and air induction systems. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.