Q: Front crank seal leaking

The front crank seal is leaking.

The crank seal is a straightforward repair. The seal is pressed into the timing chain cover, and its sealing lip rides on the harmonic balancer. If there is a groove, or the surface is pitted, the balancer will need to be replaced as well. If the seal is not worn, but instead, pushed out of the timing cover, this might indicate there might be too much end play in the crankshaft. The end play can be checked when performing the seal repair.

If you would like this repaired, consider having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose your leaking crankshaft seal.